Cherum Orr, Assistant Principal
Elli Hansen, School Counsellor
Vegreville Composite High School is located on the west-side of the community of Vegreville and provides instruction to over 400 students in grades 7 to 12. The school offers a variety of programs for students with special needs, Career and Technology Studies classes, strong academics, athletics, and fine arts.
Commitment, Empathy, Enthusiasm
To prepare each student to contribute fully to the community by developing responsibility, respect, and a desire for lifelong learning.
To encourage the continual striving for excellence based on the premise that every student has the potential to learn.
Vegreville Composite offers programming to students from grades 7 - 12 with a school population of 400 students. Our attendance area includes students from Vegreville, Andrew and Mundare as well as rural areas including the Counties of Minburn, Lamont, Beaver and Two Hills.
We are pleased to offer a wide variety of CTS courses including Cosmetology, Construction, Automotive Mechanics, Culinary Food Preparation, Communication Technologies, Business Education and Sports Performance. The Culinary Food Preparation classes allow us to simulate the food services industry by operating a full service cafeteria that provides a wide array of foods each day to students, staff and visitors. In Junior High, students have daily Physical Education. Teachers utilize our gymnasium and other sports and recreation facilities to support the curriculum and give variety to the program.
Vegreville Composite is located on the eastern edge of Elk Island Public School District. Due to our location, school population and student needs, we offer a wide array of programs including:
- Regular academic programming
- extra-curricular athletic programs including; cross country running, golf, volleyball, basketball, badminton, curling, football, and track and field
- Knowledge and Employability classes
- LINKS (Learning, Individual Needs, Knowledge and Skills) Program grade 7-12
- CTS courses in Cosmetology, Culinary Food Preparation, Automotives, Construction, Communication Technology, Design Studies, Tourism, Marketing, Legal Studies, Sports Performance and Athletic Leadership
- Off campus education including Green Certificate, Registered Apprenticeship, and Work Experience
- Fine Arts including; Art, Band and Drama for junior and senior high
- Independent Study and Driver Training